Wed, Jan 18|
BioInnovation x Climate Night
You are invited to Vectors Capital's inaugural Boston event! The BioInnovation X Climate Night is a chance to hear from industry insiders, connect with founders committed to reversing climate change through biological innovations, and meet the Vectors Angel network and members of The Engine.
Time & Location
Jan 18, 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM EST
The Engine, 750 Main St, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
About the event
The BioInnovation X Climate Night is a follow-up event to our successful BioInnovation Challenge this past August and is a chance for angels, LPs, startups, members of the Vectors community, and The Engine community who are interested in biosolutions to climate challenges, to come together to meet each other, learn, and discuss. In addition to panel discussions on Food & Agriculture and Bio-Manufacturing, the live event is also an opportunity for us to recognize the winners of the BioChallenge and to hear pitches from startups from both Vectors and The Engine.
We're pleased that we will be joined by:
- Jing (Jane) Ge - Managing Partner, Vectors Capital
- Dr. Michael Kearney - Partner, the Engine
- Ruohan Liu - Global Director, PepsiCo
- Dr. Katharine Greco – ARPA-E Fellow of the U.S. Department of Energy. Katherine will be moderating our BioManufacturing panel discussion.
- Dr. Christina Agapakis – Creative Director of biotech company, Ginkgo Bioworks.
- Dr. Ben Gordan – Technology Program Manager at bioindustrial manufacturer BioMADE.
- Emma Kulow – Investor at AccelR8, an early-stage VC fund that invests in equitable climate change mitigation. Emma will be moderating our panel on Food and Agriculture.
- Laine Clark - Innovation and Entrepunership Manager , Good Food Institute
- Dr. Fiorenzo Omentto – Dean for Research, Professor of Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Physics, Tufts University.
- And more to come!